Creative Mornings, Fueling our Fantasy
November 11, 2016
Nothing is more inspiring than to see you come together to share ideas, hopes, and today, fantasies.
The realm of fantasy is a space for us to imagine possibilities that seem beyond our reach. The bridge that connects the seemingly impossible with the possible is the greatest gift of our species: creativity. Together with Shutterstock , we explored those possibilities by rallying the community to share fantasies and ideas for what it means to live #InACreativeWorld.
Charlotte is fortunate to have such a vibrant and active creative community. And we are grateful that you joined us today to celebrate and preserve that community. Together, we’re building a city full of pride, empathy and beauty.
So, to truly express how much you mean to us, here is our list of 10 reasons why you inspire all of us, at Boxman Studios.
- You’re actively innovating.
- You’re setting an example for future creatives. We all need something to aspire to.
- You are community-oriented.
- You’re dedicated to authenticity, and transparency is absolutely vital to a unified community.
- Because- whether you know it or not- you’re defining Charlotte culture, and it’s getting better every single day.
- Because you’re speaking up. When something is unjust, you say so and then take steps to make it right.
- You’re brave as hell.
- You aren’t saying “No” because everything is negotiable and nothing is impossible.
- You’re listening and empathizing with your neighbors.
- You’re open to fantasy, and exploring what’s not right in front of you.
Again, thank you to everyone who attended Charlotte Creative Mornings. It has been an incredible experience.
About Creative Mornings
In 2008, Tina Roth Eisenberg (Swissmiss) started CreativeMornings out of a desire for an ongoing, accessible event for New York’s creative community. The concept was simple: breakfast and a short talk one Friday morning a month. Every event would be free of charge and open to anyone.
Today, attendees gather in cities around the world to enjoy fresh coffee, friendly people, and an international array of breakfast foods. Volunteer hosts and their team members organize local chapters that not only celebrate a city’s creative talent, but also promote an open space to connect with like-minded individuals.
The growing archive of past breakfast talks is humbling. From design legends to hometown heroes, speakers are selected by each chapter based on a global theme. CreativeMornings remains free thanks to the support of local sponsors, generous venues, and longterm partners.
Anyone can attend. Just register beforehand to reserve your spot. And if you need a little help convincing your boss to let you attend, we’ve got you covered.
Remember to set your alarm, and we’ll see you in the morning!
learn more at creativemornings.com