In The Wild at the DNC
August 21, 2012
As we wind down a busy Spring and Summer here at Boxman Studios, we’re kicking off a busy Fall with the Democratic National Convention right here in our hometown of Charlotte, NC. We are going to be well-represented for the event, but, because our containers are part of other exhibits, you won’t see our branding anywhere on them. So, as a way to generate a little brand presence during the DNC, we’ve created a contest.
From September 3rd through 7th, 2012, we are asking you to snap a picture of one of our units “In The Wild” at the DNC and upload it to Twitter using the hashtag #inthewild along with our Twitter handle @boxmanstudios*. That’s a total of 25 characters – leaving enough space for you to be creative and clever in explaining where you saw us and what was happening. The cleverer the better.
We’ll compile the entries during the event and announce a winner on Friday, September 7th. The winner will receive a $250 Visa gift card. Two hundred and fifty bucks just for bumping into us and uploading a picture to Twitter.
So put it in your calendars to look for us during the DNC and possibly win two hundred and fifty clams just for posting a tweet.
Rules and things:
- Your tweet must include the hashtag #inthewild as well as @boxmanstudios*
- The winner will be selected by the Boxman team and focus on photo quality, composition, and cleverness of the tweet.
- Due to the nature of our projects, we can’t say exactly where we’ll be located (or with which brands), so it’s up to you to find us. Think of it as a big scavenger hunt – for shipping containers. And yes, as far as we know, we’re the only company providing shipping containers to the DNC.
- There is no limit to how many photos you upload to Twitter. We were going to institute a maximum per-day limit, but that’s silly. Upload away.
- You may also upload to our Facebook page which can be found here. It’s just that the mobile Facebook app isn’t as friendly as Twitter. Still, we’ll take entries there too if you’re not on Twitter.
* – Note, please do NOT lead off your tweet using our handle. Place it anywhere else inside the tweet and you’ll be all set. For example:
YES: “We just saw @boxmanstudios #inthewild at the DNC…something, something [PICTURE LINK].”
NO: “@boxmanstudios we just saw one of your containers #inthewild at the DNC…something, something [PICTURE LINK].”
Thanks, and have fun!